DJ Skills Transferable to Other Business

Can DJ (disk jockey) skills be transferred to other business and careers?


This question caught my attention in a discussion group.


Here is my answer:
---------------
What an interesting question.

I was a DJ in the 70's playing records for dances. I now run my own business as a keynote speaker, presentation trainer and speech coach.

What transferred?

  • Watching and listening to the audience
  • Playing the music for the audience - not me 
  • Noticing patterns of style
  • Smiling even when you don't feel like it 
  • Not panicking when things go wrong
--------------



Presentation Tips on Twitter Presentation Skills Club on Facebook Executive Speech Coach
Business presentation tips from George Torok, the Speech Coach for Executives
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: