Wrong introduction - but you still smile

I inwardly cringed as the introducer read the wrong introduction for my speech.

But I forced a beaming smile because I was the only one that knew it was the wrong introduction. He was still saying nice things about me and I recognized that few people listen to the introduction.

The audience and the introducer did not need to know about the error so I didn't mention it. Your audience doesn't need to hear what your inner voice is screaming.

After the introduction, I smiled as I approached the stage and opened my presentation.

The purpose of an introduction is to make the audience feel good about the speaker and topic. If they feel good they will forget what was said - especially if the speech was good.


George Torok


Executive Speech Coach, Business presentation tips from George Torok, the Speech Coach for Executives.Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: