To be perfectly honest

The speaker responded to the question with that phrase.
I didn’t hear the rest of the answer because I was wondering why the speaker needed to state that now she would be perfectly honest.

I wondered how honest or dishonest was she when she answered previous questions.

I wondered about her understanding on the difference between honest and perfectly honest.

I wondered about when she wasn’t perfectly honest how imperfectly honest was she.

Naturally, I assumed that the speaker wasn't honest at all.

Why would a speaker say "To be perfectly honest" or "To tell the truth"? The only reason that I can think of is that they usually are dishonest and don't tell the truth.

So are you going to be honest with me - or tell that you will be honest with me?

If you tell me when you are honest - will you also tell me when you are dishonest? Or should I just assume that dishonesty is your norm?



George Torok

Presentation Skills Training

Presentation Skills Success

Executive Speech Coach, Business presentation tips from George Torok, the Speech Coach for Executives.
Share/Save/Bookmark



Post a Comment